Thursday, August 21, 2008

Will your vote be recorded in November?

WARNING: If you want to feel that your vote will count in November, do not read this blog... you might have doubts after reading...





The company that has been used by more than 30 states to run electronic voting has admitted their machines dropped 1,000 votes in Ohio... Premier Election Solutions Inc. is the company...


http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-08-21-voting-machine_N.htm?csp=34


I tried to see if I could find out if South Carolina used "Premier ES" machines... it turns out, they are listed as "diebold," but it's the same company... I found this from Jan... looks like a machine was not reset to zero before the election here in SC... same company... keep in mind, I don't think we have paper backups here in SC... just have to "trust" these machines... also, according to this article, the SAME systems being used in SC were DECERTIFIED by California's Sec of State...


http://presscue.com/node/42621


Then check out this AP article from 2 days ago... on how many states are literally throwing out, giving away or mothballing ALL of their electronic machines... due to voting problems... and this article also says something interesting... that this "Diebold" company changed its name to Premier Election Solutions because of problems with their machines over several years...


http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jej6XIWrQn6-gw5O5bJa1ELx78DgD92LLDO00

This is just what I could find looking around for a few minutes... certainly enough to make me wonder whether or not my vote will county even if I do show up at the polls.

Raymond
Let me know what you think! Post a comment now... and sign up for my twitter at www.twitter.com/raymondonline

No comments: