Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rachel Maddow gets MSNBC show... but FOX NEWS is biased...

Having watched Rachel Maddow fill-in for Keith Olberman in the past, I will say I think the decision to replace Dan Abrams with her is probably a smart move (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/08/19/maddow_gets_her_own_msnbc_show.html ). While I don't agree with most of what she says, she can be entertaining. That's really what it's all about on TV unless you are doing a PBS or CSPAN show. However, I think it's funny how people I run into will make remarks about how "biased" FoxNews is, while at the same time MSNBC is supposed to be a solid journalistic network. Well, if Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity make FoxNews a conservative network, then certainly Chris Matthews, Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow would mean MSNBC is a liberal network. Of course, you'll never see that on TV anywhere. I don't know whether MSNBC is liberal or conservative. They have some shows that present a viewpoint, but that doesn't make the network liberal anymore than O'Reilly/Hannity make FoxNews conservative. I've not seen hard evidence that Fox is conservative. But if I make that point to some people, their emotions might prevent them from using logic and specific instances to prove the ole' "FoxNews=Conservative" line. Go ahead, post links here to prove me wrong:)

Raymond
Let me know what you think! Post a comment now... and sign up for my twitter at www.twitter.com/raymondonline

No comments: