Tuesday, August 19, 2008

VP Race is on!

Ok, as someone who enjoys politics, this week is truely an exciting week. It looks like Obama will be announcing his VP sometime this week. McCain's people say he will make the announcement August 29th in Ohio. Drudge is reporting that Obama already knows who he is going to pick. Then, next Monday the Democrats will meet to crown Obama their king, and shortly after the Democrat's meet, the GOP will be meeting to do the same. I'm going to lay out my prediction for Obama... I think Joe Biden makes the most sense for Obama. As far as McCain is concerned, I couldn't say one way or the other. However, South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford is still being listed as a potential VP choice. As a matter of fact, just days ago, he was at a McCain event in Aspen, Colorado. Add to that the fact that Sanford would be strong on the conservative side, as well as strong on the fiscal side of things. Both of these are areas some consider McCain to be weak. Sanford is also young, which balances out the age issue as well. Sanford was also McCain's 2000 co-chairman for his South Carolina campaign. Lindsey Graham was the other co-chair. Graham is extremely close to McCain. I would imagine that relationship would not hurt Sanford's chances. I spoke with Gov. Sanford's spokesperson several times over the last few months. He says this isn't really something the Governor is thinking much about. Well, he might not be thinking about it, but he sure is spending some time on the road hanging out with McCain, which leads me to believe this is something Sanford is at least interested in. This is more exciting for me than the Super Bowl. I'll update this post with more information as it becomes available.

Raymond

Raymond
Let me know what you think! Post a comment now... and sign up for my twitter at www.twitter.com/raymondonline

No comments: