Thursday, August 21, 2008

Obama VP delay....

Ok, at first I thought the idea of text messaging and emailing his VP pick was a great idea. I still think it was brilliant as far as marketing is concerned (he probably has doubled his total email/text list... and that is the cheapest way to send out fundraising pleas in the future.) However, this delay is getting crazy. I'm checking my text messages all day. I think it's becoming a problem for me. Maybe it's just me, but I wonder if this anticipation might actually... hold on a second.. the text just went off...... nothing, just a news story... ANYWAYS (see what I mean)... WAIT.. .another text.... ok, just another political story from twitter... where was I.. OH, I wonder if this anticipation might actually hurt Obama in some way. Who knows... It looks like this race is so close to call, any little thing could literally make or break the election. I STILL think Biden makes the most sense. People know him about as much as any of the serious VP contenders, and I think (if I am any indication) he leaves a fairly positive impression. I had the chance to talk to him for a moment during the campaign, and he certainly gave me the impression he was a smart guy who knew how to get things done. He seems like a decent secretary of state candidate as well. Tonight, I talked to one of the super delegates at work, and he told me he felt the same way about Biden. The issue with Russia is certainly making foreign policy a bigger priority, and I think Biden makes good sense in that respect. Quite frankly though, foreign policy SHOULD have been a priority even if the Russian issue had never happened. We live in a world in which international incidents can happen at anytime. That's something every voter should think about before making their decision.

Raymond
Let me know what you think! Post a comment now... and sign up for my twitter at www.twitter.com/raymondonline

No comments: