Wednesday, September 10, 2008

SC Democratic Party Chair: Palin's biggest qualification is no abortion



Here is the dumb comment of the night... The chairman of the South Carolina Democrat party said that Palin's primary qualification is that she has not had an abortion. I first heard about this at Palmetto Scoop... http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2008/09/10/fowler-palin-primary-qualification-that-she-hasn%e2%80%99t-had-an-abortion


I can't imagine why this comment would be made. Afterall, even if it was used in jest, it failed. There doesn't appear to be ANY context that I can imagine in which the statement would be considered funny.




I suppose it could be like Chevy Chase adlibbing a joke... not funny unless it's scripted... but my guess is there is just serious panic on the left and they are just blurting out their thoughts without considering the consequences.

That appears to be what the McCain campaign thinks of the comment as well.







I had the chance to phone in to a media conference call this afternoon with Sen. Lindsey Graham. Here are few of the things he had to say about the comments... He said he was "shocked and surprised" that Fowler would make such comments. He said "If this were done the other way, there would be a firestorm…" Finally, he said "It shows our democratic colleages are in a meltdown." That makes the most sense to me as well.


UPDATE: As usual, FITSNews has a unique look at this story...http://www.fitsnews.com/2008/09/10/carol-fowler-is-kind-of-a-bitch/
Fowler, and the FITSNews story touches on an issue I mentioned here Monday.. http://raymondblogs.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-have-to-apologize-for-not-updating.html

Raymond
Let me know what you think! Post a comment now... and sign up for my twitter at www.twitter.com/raymondonline

No comments: