Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ray Boltz is Gay...

Ok, this is a big deal. I worked at WKCL in Ladson, a Christian radio station for 10 years. Ray Boltz was probably requested and played hundreds, perhaps thousands of times in that decade.



The first concert I went to with my future wife was a Ray Boltz concert. He came out of the closet in an interview with a gay magazine in Washington this month. I never saw this one coming. My first reaction is, well, I never really knew Ray Boltz. On second thought, I think I knew who he was, I just didn't know THIS about him. I have no problem personally with the fact that he has a boyfriend. As a Christian, I believe the bible says this is sin. Having said that, there are all sorts of sins that don't change the way you think about someone. If I told you Ray Boltz has not tithed 10% of his earnings for the last 20 years, would that change the way you think about him? As far as I understand it (and I'm by FAR not a biblical expert,) sin is sin. There really isn't a set of sin "levels." Telling a lie keeps you out of heaven just as sure as killing someone. Jesus paid the price to cover ALL SIN. I DO understand that. Once we become a Christian, we are to turn away from our sin. If he is still sinning, isn't that wrong? Well, I suppose it is. Just like it is still sin when we allow our temper to flare up. It keeps us from being the husband/father we need to be. In the end, it is God's job to judge us. I have friends who are gay, and I don't look at them any differently than my straight friends. There are straight friends I have who aren't living the way I believe the bible says they should either. But that doesn't mean I believe I should point out their sin to them, especially if they are not Christians. This whole story is just a shocker to me, since Ray Boltz was such a part of my life for such a long time. I'm sure some of the others who read this can relate to what I'm writing here. What do you think about this subject? I'm really interested in hearing other opinions.


Raymond
Let me know what you think! Post a comment now... and sign up for my twitter at www.twitter.com/raymondonline

No comments: