Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Illegal Immigration Problem? Ok, let's make it harder to do it legally!




I read an article in USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-09-09-citizenship_N.htm?csp=34) that covers the fact that the number of people applying to become a US citizen has dropped by more than half after the fee to apply for citizenship increased more than 50%. The fee went from $400 to $675 per year. This simply does not make sense. One of the biggest problems facing this country is illegal immigration. One of the easiest ways we can fix the problem is to make it EASIER to come to the US and become a citizen LEGALLY. If we increase the fees to become a citizen by more than 50%, that is basically ASKING for more illegal immigration. As I've said to friends before, if I were born in Mexico or other less than modern countries around the world I would be doing my best to get to the United States as well... legally or illegally. The fees involved with coming to the US and becoming a citizen need to be lowered, not raised.


Raymond
Let me know what you think! Post a comment now... and sign up for my twitter at www.twitter.com/raymondonline

2 comments:

Larry said...

Can it be... we agree on something?

End times are upon us. :-)

Raymond Owens said...

Yep... you're finally coming around:)